Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Friendly International Show Jumping Competition!

While we were driving somewhere - I saw a banner strung between two trees. 'Friendly International Show Jumping Competition' it read. There was a photo of a horse mid-jump and the rider doning a proper hard hat and red show jumping jacket. I gasped with delight when I saw that we hadn't missed the dates of the show and told Raoul -'we MUST go!'

We went - and it was so fantastic! I got really nostaglic. There was even a guy walking around with a rat terrier! Teams from Suriname, French Guyana, Guadelupe and Martinigue were competing. The show was extremely well run with big sponsors - Mc. Donalds, Bergandal and other big guys from here in Suriname.

The show was two days - and we attended both - it was full of thrills, spills and excitement. The food was good too!

I never would have guessed there would be a show jumping competition here, but was so glad there was -- I cheered for the Suriname team and was so happy to see representing Suriname was the youngest competitor - all 13 yrs of him. He had a rocket pony, and my heart melted and I cheer and clapped as loud as I could for him. He placed 4th.

Suriname just never seizes to amaze me with all it offers here.

www.ponderosasuriname.com/?lang=EN
This is the website to the Equestian Center that hosted the event.

No comments: