Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Suriname Version 3.0

I know, I'm probably the worst blogger there is...

As I'm sure you can imagine - there is so much that has happened since my last update over 7 months ago. So a really brief recap - and forward on!

Suzy came to visit for three weeks toward the end of my two-years. We had a blast and did lots of fun, silly sister things together. The village loves her, and she loved the village! I'll try to get some photos posted of her vist (there's an album if your on fb)

My two-years came to end in Wan Hati. I moved out of the bush on July 15th and into the city. I extended my peace corps service for a third year! I just love it here that much! I took a position working 5 days a week with UNICEF. It was hard to leave all my friends and the kids in the WH, but I'm so happy that I have another year here to visit them! (I've already been back once!)

I'm working with Innovations for UNICEF. It's exciting, challenging and an office chalked full of fun people. I've been here a little over a month now, and so far so good!

I hope to keep up my posts now that I'm more accessable to a computer.

Can't wait to see a lot of you when I come home in 20(ish) days! It'll be almost 2 1/2 years that I haven't seen friends or Chicago!

Short and sweet for now - but with promises of more soon.

xoxo

No comments: