Monday, August 30, 2010

Tough Truck Challenge and HIV/AIDS

That's what my Sunday held in store for me!

Woke up early and headed out to watch Motorsur - very exciting (and very hot!)
Basically what is was - two tracks were dug up in the middle of a pasture area. Big holes, muddy, bumpy - tough. Trucks lined at the start side-by-side and raced each other through the track.

There was a DJ playing really fun, old-school music and Parbo to drink - Ula held our huge umbrella for shade. We had a nice day out!

I had been struggling with writing a project plan for our hiv/aids awareness - TTC program. I made myself sit and finish most of the plan. It's been hard to get into that kind of groove of writing. I feel like I need a constant spell and grammar checker and wordsmith with me! I'm doing the best I can, and learning constantly!

Sunday night we went over to another PCV's house for a potluck. He's got the most adorable puppy - the puppy is going to America soon (his girlfriend is visiting and the dog is going home with her) so he had a going away party for the dog. I of course loved this!

Oliva called me today - I miss her and her family! I hope to see them before I leave to visit home!

17 days!!!

No comments: