Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gone Batty

Well as most of you have figured out via Facebook....I'm not at site! :)

Bats have chosen to nest (do bats nest?) inside the walls of my hut - for this reason, I'm on-hold in the city for awhile! I guess it's like a serious bat cave -- and the village people have tried to get rid of them....in the process of de-battin' -- the house walls are in shambles. (?!) I don't really understand either.

I don't mind hanging out for awhile in AC and munchin on ice in my drinks...

It's quiet with everyone gone and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I ran around like and got all my shopping done earlier, so I've just been kinda chilling out here.

Drama did unfold this morning though...as the last 5 set off this morning for site. Helping load up and getting all their gear go-to-go.....

I realize that my bedframe was missing!! Mattress is there - with my name on it, but the rest has vanished!

Seriously. I dropped like all my spending allowance (well almost all of it) on a bed. I don't think I could do a hammock for two years. Some people can - and I envy then...but I need a bed.

Carolina just called me from her site - she's rockin' the hammock, and does a-okay with it. Ms. Carolina is doing fine, washing in the river, getting to know her village and people. She was calling to wish me happy travels, but alas - I'm still in the city! ;) She did not appricate hearing that I'm eating someone elses cooking and drink cold drinks. Big love to her today!! (I got sssh'd by a lady to not talk on the phone and then she mutter something in Dutch to me....yipes!)

Hopefully the bed thing get's straightened out - not to overly worried at this point.

Swear-in was amazing. They televised it here - and my counterpart Thomas came to see me get my pin. We had a really nice group dinner after and a late nite out ;) Bamie is my favorite dish here, it's pasta-ish....spicy, and yum in the tum. I think it's actually Indonesian...but whatevas it's my favorite here.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080105044203AAUKKPr

The recipe has meat in it - I don't usually see it with meat here (sometimes chicken...but never pork)

Wow - this lady is getting mad, another phone call! :) I'm gonna get out of here now...

Later taters!

No comments: