Sunday, August 10, 2008

'Sorry!' - For whaaa..Ouchhh! - 'For THAT'

My stomach is still trying to relocate itself back where it belongs after the ride back from site yesterday. Good news, Con's (the driver) beat his best time on the drive. So...that's super exciting ;) After a watch check - we high fived the accomplishment. Hand's down the bumpiest path EVER driven. I was like popcorn in that seat!

House Update:

132 bats, a dozen coackroachs, five more toads...and 2 seckas later. The house is finished!
Honestly I watched from the sidelines as 132 bats, flew single file out of just ONE side of the house yesterday. ( I didn't count the day before's amount.....that's probably a good things as I was told yesterday's was nothing compared to the day before)

Water Update:

Tomas the counterpart is on a task. I'm to call him tonite at 5. He should be somewhere with reception at that time. He is talking to someone from the Ministry about getting the Durotank filled, and will fill me in tonite. (fill used twice in one sentence...nice!)

Con's (or as I politely call him - Speed Racer) came up with a great solution. We were driving behind a Daf truck (for all of 2 second before passing them) and they had these HUGE plastic containers full of diesel fuel. Lightbulb - get some of those huge containers and fill them with water in the city.....transport out to WH and fill the Durotank. I looked at him with admiration and wondered why I didn't think of that....

Con's rocks. He even....after a full day of house teardown, and re-build... took my Durotank and cleaned it inside with bleach water...(I helped with this part...until I brought out a scrub brush, he laughed and smiled and instructed me to get a broom...'it'll be much quicker') Speed. That man doesn't mess around!

So I'm back til tomorrow or maybe Tuesday as I wait to know what Tomas will say about the pump issue.

At least one more nite of air conditioned sleep!
Ala Sani Bum.

No comments: