Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ku Morgu - and a blast from last week

Ohmigod!

Thanks Brent soo much for the picture link!! I about wet myself here in the computer lab!

http://picasaweb.google.com/brett.sandusky/MariahSPartyAtFizzBar

Thanks again to everyone that came out to see me off! That was really great of you guys, and I felt soo loved, and well...um, drunk! :)

I have the best group of friends ever!

The rain continues to fall today in Suriname. But it was pointed out to me that in our backyard there is a cashew TREE ( I didn't know that cashews grew on trees....) a pepper, mango, papya, cherry and some other random green fruit. And the banana's are the best!

My goal to lose weight here - ya...hum ;) I think that will happen once we get to our sites.
We find that out on Thursday - and I'm very excited to know my exact project and where I will be spending my time for the next two year.

We've been kept so busy - yet nothing overwhelming. It still feels like summer camp. Except I get a little frustrated that I can't find the post office here. (and it' a small city!)

Once on cite - (we go next week for homestays) there will be no electricity - and now we only have cold water. People here rise with the sun and rest with the sun. I do get a little ansy and have been teaching yoga at nite to a group of people to pass the time. OKAY, and the occasional pavo beer gets shared as well. ;)

We started to learn our launguages (there are three tribal and Dutch) I have a memory of a nat, so it's fun to sit next to me in class. Classes are broken down to 4 to a group. Michelle is in my group - so at least she doesn't laugh to hard and is very kind when I continue to mispronounce the same word.

Fa-waka?

I go bum.

Rain rain and more rain - makes it hard to do laundry, as things have to line dry here. Jack's clean underwear are now midew smelling in the hallway. (where he set them to dry)

I look forward to hearing from you guys - so keep me posted on what you're doing! More news soon...

MUAH!

1 comment:

Ilya said...

How is it that I look so drunk in those photos when I didn't have even a drop of alcohol? (Insert whatever Dutch-tribal translation of "Oy Vey" you can come up with.)

Not sure which is worse...stinky boy underwear in its pre-washed state or in its mildewy version. Ew!

Miss you much, chica!

Ilya