Thursday, May 15, 2008

Miami and a new Roomie

Made it safely to Miami - after a full day of travel!

5 hours of training yesterday...no make-up and pictures ;) Awesome.

I couldn't NOT have been partnered with a more compatible roommate..Michelle.
She's from Philly and we share a love of the vino...and chats. We stayed up pretty
late last nite -after about 6 of us headed to dinner - we did a walking tour of each others packs and gear. Both Michelle and I are unprepared (shocking) but at least she brought as many tampons as me! :)

There's 25 of us heading out to Suriname tomorrow - we leave pretty early in the morning
and get there around midnite. I guess the temp there is like if you were to go in the bathroom, turn the shower on as hot as it gets...walk out and close the door. Go back in in 20 mins. (steamy and h-o-t)

It's a really great group of people - age ranges from 23 to a man in his late 50's. Two married couples and a good % of male to female.

I just learned there is some kind of poisionous snail??? Lots of learning going on here.

No tears yet.....but I'm sure they'll happen when I'm out of the conforts of my surroundings.

I miss everyone - and will post some pictures later of my new group of people I'm kickin' it with here.

Muah and much love! Vissa - boom, boom!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, Mariah! This soudns soooo good!

I finally made contact with Bevin, where I mentioned how much I miss having you around (even if it's just an office)..

I am reading a fantastic book now, called Tales of a Female Nomad (by Rita Golden Gelman), about this woman who gave up her life in LA to become a citizen of the world. She reminds me so much of you...

Can't wait to see the latest update from you (and pictures!).

Love,

Olya

P.S. I am very sorry for not being able to make it on Saturday; my family thing went on longer than planned, and with the usual family drama..