Wednesday, September 10, 2008

are you still red like a turkey?

Yesterday I woke--more awoken, then woke.... at 7:00am (this is extremely early for me) and headed off for a day of fishing with Hain. Apparently I now need to contribute. I am family. ;) Since I don't cook - I catch.

Deal.

Hain's took me out to learn to fish. Starting with what to wear -- eesh and thank god. He gave me a long sleeve shirt (first I was confused...then once that sun beat on me - I understood. A hat - and told me to wear long pants) This paired with my cool-girl white sunglasses...I looked like a a rockstar...or a streetwalker. I perfer to think I looked like a rockstar.

I helped to 'launch the boat.' And first lesson of the day - how to put the bait on the hook. I needed MORE clarification on how to just get the bait out of the bucket!! He uses live shrimp - they are squirmy. So now I am well versed in the bait catching and apply to hook process....He shows me how to 'cast' this takes me a while - as it tends to go 'thunk' right infront of the boat. A handful of tried later...I'm getting the swing of this fishing thing.

You guessed it - I caught the FIRST fish of the day - the LAST fish of the day...and the BIGGEST fish of the day. No! - not all the same fish. ;)

Luckily Hain caught the MOST fish of the day...

The day ended with 40 Snook (They are like trout I think) flopping around in the ice cooler. 40 fish - that's a lot of fish you guys! Hain believes he caught 25 so that leaves me having caught 15. I like fishing.

Even after my creative wardrobe my whole face and chest turned a really nice shade of pink and hot to the touch. After we got back in from the day out on the water - I took a shower and chilled out due to exhaustion and watched 'Wanted'. Rodney and Raul stopped by to see the fish (they were not convinced that we caught that many) and also to laugh at how pink I had turned. I told them - you just wait tomorrow I am going to be golden brown again. (I infact AM golden brown again....nice huh?) It was then off to my hotel to sleep. I have a curfew there where they literally lock the gate at 11:00pm.

Having some lunch with my girl Michelle today - she got a kitten and I'm soo excited for her. She continues to crack me up with her stories. I miss having her as my roommate when I'm here. Lonely sometimes without her here as my roomie!

Caroline and I desperately need to catch-up as well. This girls lost some pounds! Looks good, but she needs to make sure and eat! Cristin is hanging in there - she's got a handful more days in the city...love that girl! Everyone is doing okay for the most part ;)

Today - I'm off to a soccer game with my guys. Hopefully Suriname fans don't throw bags of urine, like the Mexican fans. I'm sure I'll have some more stories for you...never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fact that you have such a strict curfew...I guess word about you got out!

:-)

Ilya