Saturday, September 20, 2008

Monday fast approaching

Monday is to be the last day in the city for me - then it's back to WH for a spell. So happy! I miss my friends out there. I'm excited to see everyone - especially the slogball women and the kids! The kids - I can't wait to see the kids!!

A handful of us (pcv's) got asked to come in the first weekend of October for a meeting with the PC big guy from Washington who is coming for a visit. So I'll spend that weekend back in the city to meet him and I think there is a dinner party with the Ambassador. I will also get to check my mail that day - on pins and needles for a certain package to arrive! (Love you Kir!) After that I'm not coming into the city for a long, long time. I will still get my mail though - so please send letters - I love getting updates from everyone!

I'm excited to get back out to site - the house is finished!! Con's has been living there and building me a safe and clean home. I'm told that my wash-house is connected to my house. Talk about luxury. I can take a bucket bath now - instead of heading to the river to bathe! I will still wash dishes and clothes in the river. The latrine is across the path from the house -- but I'll take it! I actually prefer it like that, ya know?

Some final shots I had from my last visit to the house.


I will make sure to post shots of the new, improved and updated living quarters. It'll be fun to see what they turned this pile of timber into!






The tarantula was on the floor of the house - scary!

These birds are all over here. They are like our robins - but yellow chested, and they sing. (Bamboo tree)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love reading about your adventures in the jungle!! It's SO not the same in the office without you, though. Hope your renovations are going well and you're enjoying your rum & sprite...and M&Ms!!! Much love, Miss Mariah!